Autocare Technician Apprentice
- Company: Motorpoint (Sheffield) Limited
- Location: Sheffield
- Vacancy Ref: 00276
- Weekly wage: £318.75
- Hours per week: 42.5
- Sector: Automotive
This vacancy is for an Autocare Technician Apprentice based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
An Auto–care Technician carries out a range of services and repairs to cars, car derived vans and light goods vehicles, working in an Auto–care or “Fast–Fit” Centre, which may be part of a national chain or operated by a regional/local independent group/owner.
An Auto–care Technician requires a unique combination of technical, retail and customer service skills. They will use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify & repair simple system faults.
The Auto–care Technician has to demonstrate expertise not only in the technical elements of their role and have a good grasp of the practical and theoretical aspects of the vehicle systems they service, but also needs to have excellent telephone, customer handling (including how to handle difficult customers and deal with customer disappointment) and effective sales skills, as well as strong problem solving and self–organisation skills. They must be able to work as part of a team but also operate independently, understand how their centre operates from a commercial perspective and how their actions contribute to business results, whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship.
If you have a passion for cars and want to ‘earn while you learn’ by gaining hands on experience and a level 2 Apprenticeship qualification, you may have found your ideal job!
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be one of Motorpoint’s first EVER Autocare Technician Apprentices. Our Training partners Training 2000 will deliver the Apprenticeship qualification remotely over 30 months. You will be taught by an industry qualified Tutor who is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and engaging. These sessions will involve morning teaching sessions delivered remotely and practical tasks that you’ll undertake in the workplace. You will receive a level 2 Autocare Technician Apprenticeship qualification at the end of the Apprenticeship and you will have a full time role with Motorpoint.
As an Autocare Level 2 Apprentice within Motorpoint you will undertake the following duties:
- Carrying out a range of services and repairs to cars
- Using a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify & repair simple system faults
- Work as part of a team but also operate independently, understand how your centre operates from a commercial perspective
- Carry out 4–wheel Geometry operations including adjustments on a range of vehicles with different suspension and steering systems
- Remove, refit and repair light vehicle tyres. Including Ultra low profile and run flats
- Access vehicle technical data to inform inspections and make judgements on wear and serviceability
- Carry out Final Quality checks before handover to the customer without supervision
- Long service awards
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount of cars and finance options
- Cycle to work
- Quarterly Team nights out
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
- Enhanced parental leave
Training to be provided
- Work based training and mentoring. Off–site theory and practical training on a day release basis.