Apprentice Vehicle Damage Mechanical Electrical Trim (MET) Technician
- Company: James Alpe Ltd
- Location: Clitheroe
- Vacancy Ref: 00000136
- Weekly wage: £195.00
- Hours per week: 39
- Sector: Automotive
James Alpe Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Mechanical Electrical Trim (MET) Technician to join their Accident Repair Centre in Clitheroe.
A Vehicle Damage MET Technician works in the vehicle body repair sector of the motor industry. The role is to identify damaged mechanical and electrical components on a damaged car/light commercial vehicle, and remove and refit these components before and after body repair work has been carried out. They typically work on repairing vehicles that have been involved in accidents or similar incidents.
The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard. Modern cars are becoming increasingly complex and it is essential that today?s MET Technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology. Our Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technicians work methodically to return customer vehicles to factory standards, diagnosing and fixing faults.
- Removing and refitting body trims and panels
- Removing and refitting Components
- Accessing and removing damage components
- Carry out vehicle diagnostics
- Carry out vehicle suspension alignment
- Safety working practices on Electric / Hybrid Vehicles
- ADAS systems and recalibrations
This is an exciting opening for an opportunity to earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career.
Training to be provided
- VCQ Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance and repair
- VRQ Technical Certificate, Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Key Skills, Functional Skills
- Level 1–ICT
- Level 2–Application of Number and Communication.