- Company: Browns Of Grimsargh
- Location: Preston
- Vacancy Ref: 00000222
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Automotive
This vacancy is for a Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprentice based in Preston, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
We are looking for an Apprentice Technician to join our team of Senior Technicians. This is an amazing opportunity to join our family owned business and take the step into your Automotive Career. Working primarily at our Preston complex, you will also attend Training 2000 in Blackburn 4 days a month to complete your Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship. You will provide technician services and repairs on light vehicles such as cars and vans. You will work on all the systems found within the vehicle to repair faults, replace system parts or even repair system parts too. We fix many of our parts in house so you will be able to obtain additional skills working on lathe machines, learning welding techniques and various soldering and brazing techniques.
The general duties within this role may include:
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop.
- Demonstrate due regard for own safety and that of others in the workshop and minimise risk of injury and vehicle damage.
- Carry out fundamental tasks associated with removal and replacement procedures on a vehicle.
- Obtain diagnostic and repair information.
- Interpret diagnostic information and use electrical wiring diagrams to determine system serviceability.
- Use a range of diagnostic equipment.
- Follow recognised diagnostic procedures, logical diagnostic sequence and apply advanced diagnostic principles and problem–solving techniques to establish faults.
- Report faults using company procedures and recommend suitable further actions.
- Follow recognised repair procedures to complete a wide range of repairs including those which involve complex procedures, or in depth knowledge.
- Test the function of repaired and fitted components.
- Adhere to business processes and complete documentation following workplace procedures.
- Use ICT to create emails, word–process documents and carry out web–based searches.
- Complete a range of services and inspect and prepare a vehicle to the required quality standard for handover to the customer.
Training to be provided
- Work based training and mentoring.
- Off–site theory and practical training on a day release basis.