Apprentice Optical Assistant
- Company: Gazi Eyecare Ltd T/A Eyes on Broadway
- Location: London
- Vacancy Ref: 00000898
- Weekly wage: £205.92
- Hours per week: 39
- Sector: Optical
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant based in London.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience within an Optical company supporting day to day tasks whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Do you have a vision to kick start an exciting and rewarding career with amazing progression opportunities? If answered yes, could you see yourself developing a flourishing career within the world of Optics?
Training 2000 Ltd are working with The Eyes on Broadway in their search for a superstar Optical Assistant Apprentice, to join them on a full–time basis, starting as soon as possible.
This super welcoming and family run practice – which is the longest serving Opticians in Muswell Hill, offers a contemporary, vibrant and upmarket environment to work in, and the advanced technology available means they can provide enhanced and comprehensive services in eyecare as well as exciting career prospects!
You’ll not only spend 18 months in a full–time paid job, but also learn your trade via a Level 3 Apprenticeship ? enabling you to earn whilst you learn. You will also be surrounded by supportive, friendly and highly experienced colleagues who’ll support you every step of the way.
Don’t have any prior Optical or work experience? Don’t worry – our Optical Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship will provide you with both, as well as a full–time job, a wage and paid holidays!
In the role of Optical Assistant Apprentice, you will carry out a range of duties, such as:
- Administration of optical and patient records
- Reception duties and taking phone calls from customers
- Meeting and greeting patients and welcoming them into store
- Pre–screening patients
- Dispensing duties
- Helping patients with contact lens instructions
- Infection control
- Maintaining cleanliness of the store
Your daily work–based training will sit alongside structured online learning via Training 2000, and at the end of the 18 months as an Apprentice, you’ll be a fully–fledged Level 3 Optical Technician!
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required).
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves.
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds.
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty.
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism.
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use.