Apprentice Optical Assistant
- Company: Joy Optical
- Location: London
- Vacancy Ref: 00000506
- Weekly wage: £211.20
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Optical
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant based in London
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience within an Optical company supporting day to day tasks whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Do you have a vision to kick start an exciting and rewarding career with amazing progression opportunities?
Are you interested in joining an industry that has so much more to offer than what meets the eye?
If answered yes, could you see yourself developing a flourishing career within the world of Optics?
Training 2000 Ltd are working with Joy Optical based on Old Brampton Road in London, in their search for a superstar Optical Assistant Apprentice, to join them on a full–time basis and starting as soon as possible.
You’ll not only spend 18 months in a full–time paid job, but also learn your trade via a Level 3 Apprenticeship ? enabling you to earn whilst you learn. You will also be surrounded by supportive, passionate and highly experienced colleagues who?ll support you every step of the way.
Don’t have any prior Optical or work experience? Don’t worry our Optical Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship will provide you with both, as well as a full–time job, a wage and paid holidays!
Joy Optical Ltd is an independent, family owned practice that has been established for over 60 years. They value professionalism, excellence and providing a bespoke service, recognising that individuals always come before the product. Tariq, the Practice Owner has been at the helm for 33 of those years, changing the name to Joy Optical in 2006, in honour of their beloved receptionist Joy Laurence, who worked with him during that time. Unfortunately, she passed away in her fight against cancer. She was a mentor and the spine of the business for Tariq and inspired him to rename the shop, to live up to the concept of JOY.
In the role of Optical Assistant Apprentice with Joy Optical, you will carry out a range of duties such as:
- Greeting clients and booking and managing the appointment system
- Listen to patients needs and recommend suitable products
- Dispense Lenses
- Working alongside the team to carry out pre–screening examinations
- Understanding and completing NHS paperwork and policies
- Provide excellent customer service to their valued clients
- Help to prevent remakes
- Upsell products where you can
Your daily work–based training will sit alongside structured online learning via Training 2000, and at the end of the 18 months as an Apprentice, you’ll be a fully–fledged Level 3 Optical Technician!
A career within Optics and an Apprenticeship with Training 2000 is not only rewarding and exciting, but well paid, with excellent progression opportunities if that is what you are looking for. After completing your Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprentice with Training 2000, you could progress to Degree level via the University of Central Lancashire (whom Training 2000 are part of) and become a qualified Dispensing Optician. Following on from this you could even complete a Level 7 Master’s Degree to qualify as an Optometrist.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required).
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves.
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds.
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty.
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism.
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use.