Apprentice Optical Assistant
- Company: MB Optical Ltd T/A Boots Opticians Hertford
- Location: Hertford
- Vacancy Ref: 00000502
- Weekly wage: £211.20
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Optical
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant based in Hertford.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience within an Optical company supporting day to day tasks whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Do you have a vision to kick start an exciting and rewarding career with amazing progression opportunities?
Would you be interested in joining the biggest and most established retail optical franchise in the UK, as an Optical and Retail Assistant Apprentice?
You will not only spend 18 months in a full–time paid job, but also learn your trade via a Level 3 Apprenticeship enabling you to earn whilst you learn. You will also be surrounded by supportive, passionate and highly experienced colleagues who`ll support you every step of the way.
Don’t have any prior Optical or Retail experience? Don’t worry – our Optical Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship will provide you with both, as well as a full–time job, a wage and paid holidays!
MB Optical Ltd based in Hertford, are part of a market leading brand and trade under one of the most reliable and respected companies in the industry, Boots Opticians. The Boots brand has been around since the mid–1800s and has a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to succeeding in the optical industry.
MB Optical Ltd are seeking an Optical and Retail Assistant Apprentice to join their busy but friendly practice as soon as possible, on a full–time basis.
In this role you will carry out a range of duties such as:
Administration of optical and patient records
- Reception duties and taking phone calls from customers
- Meeting and greeting patients and welcoming them into store
- Pre–screening patients
- Dispensing duties
- Helping patients with contact lens instructions
- Infection control
- Maintaining cleanliness of the store
Your daily work–based training will sit alongside structured online learning via Training 2000, and at the end of the 18 months as an Apprentice, you
ll be a fully–fledged Level 3 Optical Technician! A career within Optics and an Apprenticeship with Training 2000 is not only rewarding and exciting, but well paid, with excellent progression opportunities if that is what you are looking for. After completing your Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprentice with Training 2000, you could progress to Degree level via the University of Central Lancashire (whom Training 2000 are part of) and become a qualified Dispensing Optician. Following on from this you could even complete a Level 7 Masters Degree to qualify as an Optometrist.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required).
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves.
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds.
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty.
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism.
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use.