Apprentice Miller Setter/Operator
- Company: Alan Dick Engineering Ltd
- Location: Morecambe
- Vacancy Ref: 00000801
- Weekly wage: £211.20
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Miller Setter/Operator based in Morecambe.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
By providing both machining and fabrication services, ADE has become a ‘One Stop Engineering Shop’, allowing us to provide both practical and cost–effective solutions to meet your specific requirements. We specialise in bespoke, quick turnaround work, servicing all sectors including the nuclear, offshore, marine, food, construction and chemical industries.
Main Duties Include:
- Setting up and programming using Heidenhain, Protrak and Bridgeport controls.
- Machining small and medium sized fabrications using various 3 axis machines
- Working to engineering drawings
- Problem solving
- Dressing and finishing
- Marking and identifying materials
- Checking that finished products comply with specifications
The training for this role will be delivered in Blackburn on block release so please do bear this in–mind when you apply.
We have a large capacity for machining all ferrous and non–ferrous metals including:
- 3–axis Milling: Up to 8000mm length, 1800mm height and 1200 in width. Max. weight of 1750kg
- Turning: Up to 450mm Diameter and 1000mm length
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence).
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge).
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining.
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).