Apprentice Metal Fabricator (Fabrication & Welding)
- Company: Lancashire Steel Buildings
- Location: Burnley
- Vacancy Ref: 00227
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Metal Fabricator (Fabrication & Welding) based in Higham, Burnley.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The successful candidate will train and become competent at welding, components and castings, learning to weld both MIG & TIG to a very high standard.
You will also be trained to learn:
- Basic engineering drawing
- Measuring and marking out
- Knowledge of engineering materials
- Handling of engineering information
Additional skills covered may include:
- Fitting using hand skills
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies using a range of welding techniques and principles.
Your job role will consist of different tasks but mainly required to work on structural steel work and occasional large agricultural trailers, such as:
- Welding components
- Welding Castings
- MIG and TIG welding
- Cropping and punching plates
- Plasma cutting
- Following technical drawings
- Using press brakes
- And general fabrication equipment
Training to be provided
- Extended Diploma in Fabrication & Welding NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved)