Apprentice Manual Machinist
- Company: Dietech Engineering Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000194
- Weekly wage: £187.59
- Hours per week: 39
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Machinist based in Blackburn, Lancashire
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Machinists manufacture precision components on a lathe or milling machine. A skilled Machinist has the ability to follow drawings and accurately replicate component parts that will keep a production plant running or which are sold to customers. Traditional machining utilises a manual lathe or milling machine, which usually requires continuous operator attention.
Main duties to inlcude:
- Carrying out user checks on machinery
- Loading and clamping tools and materials into machine
- Operating machinery safely
- Unloading and inspecting finished components to ensure required specification
- Cleaning down machinery and disposing of waste materials
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence).
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge).
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining.
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).