Apprentice Maintenance Engineer
- Company: Wallwork HT
- Location: Bury
- Vacancy Ref: 00000873
- Weekly wage: £211.20
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
A leading company specialising in the heat treatment of steel & nonferrous parts for the Aerospace and Engineering industries, an opportunity has arisen at our Bury site for an Apprentice Maintenance Engineer to join a small team involved in servicing and maintaining a range of heat treatment furnaces and associated equipment.
Duties will include:
- Observing, learning, and understanding a wide range of engineering and maintenance skills, including production processes, while under the instruction of skilled engineering staff, and will include:
- Working within the Engineering Department to carry out regular servicing and maintenance of thermal processing equipment.
- Follow predefined procedures to ensure continued safe/efficient operation of all equipment.
- Aim to complete designated tasks within the scheduled time.
- Assisting with project work such as installation and commissioning of new equipment, plant improvements and upgrades.
- Monitor stock levels and re–order as required.
- Complete required documentation for the Engineering System.
- Carry out required onsite training to confidently complete tasks for maintenance and installation activities.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working within the engineering team or independently, and to undertake tasks as instructed by your line manager.
- Achieving the required grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace.
- To learn how to maintain the engineering workshop and equipment and to ensure good housekeeping.
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording maintenance activities and projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
The company offers:
Contributory company pension scheme: up to 8%
Company Health Scheme
24 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays
The opportunity for continuous improvement and training
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence).
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge).
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining.
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).