Apprentice Health Care Support Worker
- Company: GS Social Care Solutions Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000070
- Weekly wage: £360.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Healthcare
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Senior Healthcare Support Worker based in Blackburn.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
GS Social Care Solutions Ltd are looking for Apprentice Health Care Support Workers to work as part of a growing team of fun, energetic and caring individuals. Working in different divisions of the business. If you enjoy helping people and want to make a positive difference to their lives this job could be perfect for you!
GS Social Care Solutions ltd has been established for over 15 years and enjoys a successful partnership with the local authority and are rated GOOD by CQC.
Our organisation, GS Social Care Solutions Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of all children and vulnerable adults. We believe that the people we care for deserve a safe, happy and healthy life and expect staff to share this commitment.
GS SCS has a full safeguarding children and vulnerable adults policy/ policies which staff are familiarised with at induction and can access at any time during employment.
Our Health Care Support Workers are responsible for meeting the support requirements of our clients, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. Our Health Care Support Workers are expected to travel to the service users home and assist them with daily tasks as outlined within the care plan, and also work within our Residential Settings for children and young people who have Learning and Physical Disabilities.
The type of support that Apprentice Health Care Support Workers would be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the persons family. For instance, you may be providing help with bathing and dressing or domestic support, administering medication and assisting with some low level medical tasks.
Your role would include helping clients with tasks such as:
- Help with washing & dressing
- Shopping & meal preparation
- Prompting/Assisting with medication
- Support with daily routines
- Respite services
- Waking Nights
- Socialising and leisure activities
- Helping clients access the community
- Excellent rates of pay
- Pension scheme
- Blue lights discount card
- 28 days paid holiday on a pro–rata basis
- Paid induction and training
- All PPE provided
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Senior Healthcare Support Worker (Specified Pathway)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills in Maths and Literacy (if required)
- Skills development in the relevant pathway sector (adult nursing, theatre support, allied healthcare, mental health and children & young person?s support)
- Employer Rights and Responsibility
- Personal Learning and thinking Skills