- Company: Marvtech
- Location: Hapton
- Vacancy Ref: 00000059
- Weekly wage: £180.37
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Trainee Metal Fabricator Apprentice Fabrication & Welding based in Hapton.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to carry out metal fabrication work using things such as rolled steel joists, columns, channels, steel plate and metal sheet etc. Fabricators use a large range of metals including steel, aluminium and titanium at a range of thicknesses from 0.5mm up to over 20mm.
The successful candidate will train and become competent at welding, components and castings, learning to weld both MIG & TIG to a very high standard.
You will also be trained to learn:
- Basic engineering drawing
- Measuring and marking out
- Knowledge of engineering materials
- Handling of engineering information
Additional skills covered may include:
- Fitting using hand skills
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies using a range of welding techniques and principles
Your job role will consist of different tasks such as:
- Welding components
- Welding Castings
- MIG and TIG
Training to be provided
- Extended Diploma in Fabrication & Welding NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved)