Apprentice Electrical/Electronic Engineer
- Company: SACO - Specialist Anodising Co Ltd
- Location: Burnley
- Vacancy Ref: 00248
- Weekly wage: £240.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Electrical/Electronic Engineer based in Burnley.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Electrical engineers typically do the following:
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products.
- Do detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
- Direct manufacturing, installing, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes.
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions.
- Work with project managers on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
Electronics engineers typically do the following:
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications
- Analyze customer needs and determine electrical system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system plan
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations
- Plan and develop applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems to improve technical performance
Training to be provided
- Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT at L2
Interested? Apply now