Apprentice Dental Nurse
- Company: Standish Street Dental Ltd
- Location: Burnley
- Vacancy Ref: 0029O
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Dental
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Burnley .
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The duties within this role include:
- Assist the dentist/therapist/hygienist during all clinical procedures
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery,
- Assist the dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions
- Assessments, this may also include minor oral surgery.
- Assist the hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments.
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerised systems.
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system.
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic.
- Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x–rays and processing and storing all images.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment
Interested? Apply now