Apprentice Dental Nurse
- Company: Cramond House Dental Practice
- Location: Clitheroe
- Vacancy Ref: 00000162
- Weekly wage: £269.50
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Dental
This vacancy is for a Dental Nurse Apprentice based in Clitheroe.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
- Assist dentist, hygienist or therapist by providing dental chairside support duties relevant to stage of competence under supervision of a named GDC registrant in accordance with the GDC guidance for trainee dental nurses.
- Keep a log of your structured induction and on–going compliance training using Training Record template (M 222E) and ensure each training session is counter–signed by your supervisor – a named GDC registrant.
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification leading to registration with the GDC.
- Follow all practice policies and procedures.
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all of the dental team.
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and conditions.
- Assist with reception duties and perform other clerical duties if required.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Provide patient support.
- Perform chaperoning duties for other clinical GDC registrants.
- Follow professional ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality.
- Perform reception duties.
- Attend agreed competence and development training.
- Perform other admin tasks are required.
Key tasks to be carried out under supervision
Develop and demonstrate competence in
- The chairside support procedures outlined in your Competence Record (M 225C).
- The manipulation and application of dental materials across a range of dental treatment.
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and equipment relevant for dental procedures.
- Decontamination and preparation of treatment rooms for a range of dental procedures.
- Decontamination of dental devices using appropriate practice decontamination equipment after receiving the necessary vaccinations.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment
Interested? Apply now