Accounts & Admin Apprentice
- Company: The Helping Hands Group (Lancashire) Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000122
- Weekly wage: £180.37
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Accountancy
This vacancy is for a Accounts & Admin Apprentice based in Blackburn, Lancashire
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
To support the Helping Hands Accounts and Admin Team in all areas of administration and accounts and to ensure the delivery of a client focused service in all aspects ensuring a proactive relationship with clients and team
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To Support the Accounts Manager with the daily accounts tasks
- To ensure a professional approach to administrative tasks reflecting the Helping Hands ethos at all times.
- To proactively problem solve throughout the day.
- To assist and support all areas of the business as required.
- Recording of business transactions, receipts and payments using computerised accounting systems (Xero)
- Banking and bank reconciliations on Xero
- Invoicing and credit control including activities to minimise aged debtors and promote positive cash flow.
- Communicating with clients regarding their accounts and answering account related queries.
- Maintaining purchase ledger records to ensure reconciliation and timely payment of supplier invoices.
- To support with the collation of information to enable the completion of tax and VAT returns.
Other Administrative Functions
- To assist with co–ordinating the maintenance, service and repair of company vehicles and equipment.
- To work as part of a team and to communicate with other employees as requested by the business manager.
Customer Service Functions
- To support with handling customer enquiries via email and telephone, redirecting them to other departments where appropriate.
- To support with liaising with customers regarding scheduled cleans and changes to service delivery as necessary.
- To support with proactively managing customer complaints in line with company policy and procedures to ensure a mutually satisfactory outcome and resolution to the issues raised, liaising with the business manager as necessary.
- To support with soliciting client feedback to ensure customer satisfaction, addressing issues raised as required to promote the highest standards of service delivery.
- Recording the outcome of client interactions in line with company policies and procedures.
- To support with staff handovers in line with company policies and procedures for the dissemination and collection of information, cash handling and recording of payments.
- To communicate with other employees as requested by the business manager.
- Updating and maintaining computerised information systems such as the client database
- To assist in the recording of business transactions, receipts and payments as required under the direction of the finance manager.
- To support the business manager/health and safety operator when implementing health and safety procedures.
- To be flexible in the carrying out of daily duties and drive Helping Hands vehicles as required.
Training to be provided
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting which contains:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Work Effectively in Finance