PUWER 1998 Abrasive Wheels
£150 + VAT
This course will cover:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act in relation to abrasive wheels
- The provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Selection and inspection of grinding wheels
- Mounting and dressing of grinding wheels
- Fitting and adjusting safety devices and tools rests
- Pre-use inspection of equipment
- Protection from sparks dust and noise
Where will I study:
Training 2000 Blackburn
A 1 day course to gain a full understanding of the legal duties as outlined within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Who is this for
Those whose duties include the selection of grinding wheels fitting guards and adjusting tool rests and those who supervise the above.
Upon successful completion of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Understand both the employers and employees duties under both the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Select suitable grinding wheels
- Safely mount grinding wheels
- Understand the importance of correct fitting and adjustment of guards and safety devices
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment.
Observation and questioning
Date last updated:10 March 2021