Portable Appliance Testing (C&G 2377)
This course will cover:
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The IEE Code of Practice for in-service
- Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
To provide participants with proper understanding of the IEE’s Code of Practice and the knowledge and skills necessary to apply it to a broad range of electrical equipment.
Method of delivery
Lecture, demonstration, practical exercise.
Who is this for
A 2 day course for those who are required to inspect and test electrical equipment in line with the IEE’s code of practice and need to be able to demonstrate their competence.
Upon the successful completion of the course the delegates will be able to:
- State the regulations applying portable appliances
- Carry out a comprehensive inspection of portable appliances
- Test electrical equipment using basic electrical test kit and proprietary portable appliances
- Design and use the necessary documentation
- Demonstrate their competence passing the C&G 2377 MCQ.
On-line test & practical assessment.
Date last updated:04 September 2014