April 27, 2018
Training 2000 is an ‘Amazing Place with Amazing People’. We are part of the UCLan group and one of the largest Group Training Associations in England, with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality training programs to industry and individuals.
An important vacancy has arisen within the Finance team for a Management Accountant based in Blackburn but with occasional travel to Preston.
To support the Head of Finance through the Forecasting and Budgeting timetable and through a strong consultancy approach provide high quality financial information to the business to ensure that well informed business decisions are consistently made.
- To coordinate, review and proactively challenge the corporate forecast and budgeting process in an inclusive and efficient way, taking into account both the government funding landscape and the commercial elements of the business in accordance with the Company’s Horizon Plan and its associated strategic business aspirations.
- To produce well-informed continuous high quality business decision making process across the Company through the provision of a meaningful, bespoke financial suite of reports provided both at month end and also periodically throughout the month.
- To provide a professional financial consulting service to all Leaders in the company to ensure the optimisation of the financial management of their businesses. This will include advice, guidance and support in the formulation, delivery and management of budgets and their forecast
- To support the focused on going management and delivery of the Company Business Plan and its associated established budget through the provision of a focused strong and robust short term forecasting process which is clearly understood by all key stakeholders.
- To support the maintenance of the Corporate Strategic Financial plan, which in particular incorporates the income statement elements, to reflect the aspirations of the company’s commercial business and the funding landscape from the government.
- To ensure that the Company’s’ major business decision making process is founded on robustly formulated business cases and to coordinate the completion of the Corporate Financial analysis.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of both strategic and operational financial management
- Strong and diverse market sector experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s performance management policies and procedures and associated employment legislation.
- Comprehensive commercial, financial and legal knowledge in relation to the formulation and delivery of strategic and operational business plans.
- Qualified (CIMA or ACCA equivalent) or High level part qualification (top CIMA) CCAB accounting qualification (ACCA or ACMA)
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience and successful track record as a relevant Management Accountant in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent systems experience and MS Office skills (Advanced Level).
- Demonstrates strong coaching and performance management skills in the development of high performance teams incorporating delegation and empowerment.
- Demonstrates highly effective strategic and operational organisational and planning skills in the creation and implementation of financial and business plans.
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive approach in anticipating customer requirements and delivers to high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates strong high level financial planning and budgetary in the development and management of corporate budgets and business plans.
- Demonstrates open, honest and supportive behaviours which are in alignment with the Company’s Core Values and enable highly effective strategic stakeholder management.
- Demonstrates strong positive customer focused behaviours which enable the development of strong customer relationships at senior levels within the business.
Demonstrates well developed engagement behaviours, which motivate and encourage high levels of employee performance and enables the development of high level strategic business partnerships
- Salary of £30,000- £35,000 per annum
- 27 days holiday per year plus 8 public/bank holidays – totalling 35.
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension scheme (subject to qualifying periods)
- Free Life Insurance (subject to qualifying periods)
- Childcare vouchers
Appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS; formally the CRB), or a check via the Update Service on a relevant enhanced disclosure. Further information can be obtained from www.gov.co.uk.
How to Apply:
Please contact Sheena Umpleby – Human Resources Assistant for an application pack on 01254 54659 or email [email protected].
Closing date for applications: 3rd June 2018. Shortlisting will start to take place week commencing 4th June 2018.
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful for this position.
Committed to Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff, sub-contractors, visitors, employers and other learners to share this commitment