Functional Skills Tutor
July 15, 2021
Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: £24,500 (pro rata) per annum
Working hours: Part-time – 24.75 Hours per week with flexibility around the days
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Delivery is currently taking place remotely, however once restrictions are lifted you will be based at our Blackburn site with scope for some remote working thereafter.
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 1st August 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for a Functional Skills Tutor to join an established team of professionals in supporting our learners across the business. We are looking for a Functional Skills tutor who has a specialism in mathematics and is able to demonstrate practical ways in which learners can use their skills in the workplace.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a dedicated and passionate individual who has a desire to see mathematics and English at the heart of what we can instil in the future working population.
You will be teaching in groups and on a one to one basis ensuring learner progress is monitored and recorded as this will contribute significantly to the whole learner journey.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To develop and deliver creative, engaging and inclusive high quality learning programmes for mathematics, English and ICT in accordance with awarding organisations specifications and standards, and ensuring the effective evaluation of such programmes.
- To monitor and continuously update learner records ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations and in line with company requirements. Provide information regarding learner’s progress, achievements and support needs.
- To effectively manage the Quality Assurance process of each qualification in line with the company’s standards and the awarding organisation specifications and standards, in order to continuously improve the learner experience.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all learners in all work related and learning environments in accordance with the company’s safeguarding policy, health and safety policy, equality and diversity policies and code of conduct as part of the organisations duty of care.
- To demonstrate knowledge and compliance with regards to GDPR and all associated Data Protection legislation. This includes having due regard for any personal data that you may come into contact with in your role which includes learners/ customers/ staff, especially when using portable or personal devices (laptops and mobile phones) or when working remotely, in order to keep data secure and confidential
- To keep up to date with all GDPR and data protection policies and legislation and understand and report any data security breaches promptly to the appropriate persons
- To professionally liaise and work with all key stakeholders involved in the learner journey to ensure full integration and support.
- To be responsible for personal development in teaching and learning, incorporating both academic and professional training, in line with the Professional Standards of the Education and Training Foundation.
- Robust knowledge of mathematics and English qualifications including Functional Skills.
- Ability to be creative & innovative in the design of learning materials & their implementation in accordance with learner programme requirements.
- Effective interpersonal skills, active listening skills and excellent ability to coach/mentor to aid learner progression.
- Passion for mathematics and English and the ability to inspire and motivate learners
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Experience of curriculum design, development, delivery, review and evaluation.
- Possession of a professional teaching qualification.
- Experience working within an Education establishment
- SEN Experience
- Experience conducting 1-to-1 support
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.