Engineering Workshop Instructor – Fitter/Machinist
September 13, 2021
Engineering Workshop Instructor – Fitter/Machinist
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based at our Blackburn site
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for an Engineering Workshop Instructor – Fitter/Machinist to join an established team of professionals within the Engineering department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
This is a multi-disciplined flexible role which provides a full and comprehensive training service to company’s based on their business needs. This role includes the delivery of professional and focused learning sessions to include fitting and machining on the Engineering programmes in the centre workshop as directed across the Engineering programmes. The post holder will be required to work with colleagues to ensure learners are effectively supported throughout their programme.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To design, develop and deliver creative, inclusive learning programmes, schemes of work, lesson plans and materials to deliver high quality structured learning sessions to meet learners’ needs and programme specifications. These will include broad based training and assessing of fitting and the main elements of machining, being milling and turning.
- To contribute to the internal verification, assessment and standardisation of work and to the development and delivery of the SAR and the QIP in the pursuit of continuous improvement towards excellence.
- To deliver motivational and inspirational learning programmes in a timely, cost effective manner, in line with specific business targets and quality assurance standards.
- To deliver professional and focused support, through the innovative delivery of the company’s programmes and frameworks/standards, which will inspire learners to achieve their potential.
- To provide comprehensive guidance, advise and support to employers, customers and learners on their training needs, requirements covering all of the Training 2000 training portfolio.
- To continuously develop the relationship with employers, customers and learners to secure profitable business opportunities which are sustainable and which enhance the company reputation of delivery and quality service in a highly responsive manner.
- To develop and continuously improve the provision of a highly responsive customer service, based on a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business needs, embracing both internal and external customers which is built on quality of service, strong customer relationships and employer engagement.
- To professionally liaise and work with all key stakeholders involved in the learning process to ensure full integration, support and promotion of the company’s service.
- To maintain accurate and up to date learner tracking records that meet company requirements and external specifications and to provide information regarding Learners progress and achievements.
- To effectively manage the delivery environment to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all learners and to follow guidance in effectively contributing to the management of learner behaviour.
- To ensure all resources are serviceable and safe for use and to maintain the stock levels of relevant consumable items in agreement with the appropriate manager.
- To contribute to the promotion of Training 2000 particularly with employers, learners, schools and parents by assisting with school visits, parents information evenings, open days and prize nights relative to the Engineering department.
- To be responsible for self-development including Continuous Professional Development and competence in the role of tutor incorporating both academic and professional training to meet the Institute for learning requirements.
- To be responsible for the professional classroom management for all learners to the requisite quality standards.
- To demonstrate knowledge and compliance with regards to GDPR and all associated Data Protection legislation. This includes having due regard for any personal data that you may come into contact with in your role which includes learners/ customers/ staff, especially when using portable or personal devices (laptops and mobile phones) or when working remotely, in order to keep data secure and confidential
- To keep up to date with all GDPR and data protection policies and legislation and understand and report any data security breaches promptly to the appropriate persons
- To undertake any other duties comparable with the role as requested by a member of the leadership team
- Subject specialist vocational qualification – minimum level 3 and completion of a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Accredited qualification minimum Level 2 in Literacy, Numeracy & ICT
- Minimum of IOSH – Working Safely
- Strong interpersonal skills, active listening skills and excellent ability to coach/mentor to aid learner progression.
- Strong ability to deliver to established targets and deadlines in accordance with learner progression.
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Experience of curriculum design, development and delivery within the relevant occupational sector.
- Prior experience within an education establishment
- Teaching qualification
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.