Engineering Training Officer – Maintenance
April 11, 2018
Training Officer – Maintenance
Training 2000 is an ‘Amazing Place with Amazing People’. We are part of the UCLan group and one of the largest Group Training Associations in England, with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality training programs to industry and individuals.
An important opportunity has arisen within the Company’s Engineering department for a Training Officer – Maintenance.
About the Role:
This role will be based from Training 2000’s site in Blackburn and will be a permanent role.
The main purpose of this role is to provide a full and comprehensive training service to Company’s on their business needs, including the delivery of professional and focused support through innovative delivery of Company programmes which will inspire learners to achieve their potential.
Below is a list of some of the role responsibilities:
- To continuously develop the relationship with employers, customers and learners to secure profitable business opportunities which are sustainable and which enhance the Company reputation of delivery and quality service in a highly responsive manner.
- To provide comprehensive guidance, advice and support to Employers, customers and learners on their training needs, requirements covering all of the Training 2000 training portfolio.
- To generate additional revenues in line with the Company’s business plan by recruiting quality learners through effective initial assessment and further development of existing client relationships in order to gain new customers both internally and externally to the organisation.
- To promote, sell and deliver Apprenticeships and higher level Engineering Qualifications to Level 4, where appropriate, as part of the Company’s Strategic Business Development Plan.
- To carry out regular risk assessments of the learning process and environment in accordance with the Company’s risk assessment policy and procedure, and implement any relevant control measure/ action plans.
- Applicants must have completed a recognized Engineering Apprenticeship and a background with experience in Engineering Maintenance is essential.
- A relevant assessing qualification is advantageous but not essential. The successful candidate will be required to complete assessor training during a probationary period.
- Significant experience of curriculum design, development and delivery within the relevant occupational sector
- Strong organisation and administration skills in the handling and completion of all learner programmes and associated documentation on a timely and accurate basis to contractual requirements.
- Strong ICT skills with proficiency in word, excel, PowerPoint in the development and compilation of learner materials documentation and records.
- You need to be committed, passionate and driven to deliver the company’s objective of an Amazing place with Amazing people!
- The position requires a self-motivated and effective team player who possesses excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Salary of £26,500 per annum
- 27 days holiday per year plus 8 public/bank holidays – totaling 35.
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension scheme (subject to qualifying periods)
- Free Life Insurance (subject to qualifying periods)
- Childcare vouchers
Terms and Conditions:
The working hours for this role are 37.5 per week; 8.00am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 12.30pm on Fridays, with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break Monday to Thursday.
Appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS; formally the CRB), or a check via the Update Service on a relevant enhanced disclosure. Further information can be obtained from www.gov.co.uk.
How to Apply:
Please contact Sheena Umpleby – Human Resources Assistant, for an application pack on 01254 54659 or email [email protected].
Closing date for applications: 8th May 2018
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Committed to Equality of Opportunity and Access for All
Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff, sub-contractors, visitors, employers and other learners to share this commitment