Automotive Tutor/Assessor – MET Body Panel
September 28, 2021
Automotive Tutor/Assessor – MET Body Panel
Salary: £29,000 – £31,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based at our Blackburn site with travel to employer sites with scope for some remote working thereafter.
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 17th October 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for an Automotive Tutor/Assessor – MET Body Panel to join our established team of professionals within the Automotive department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
This role is a multi-disciplined dual role which incorporates both apprenticeships and commercial delivery, with the purpose of delivering professional, innovative and inspirational training or learning which covers either the skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to the occupational sector or through the delivery of the company’s apprenticeship and commercial programmes whilst providing effective learner support.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To design, develop and deliver creative, inclusive high quality learning programmes in accordance with awarding organisations specifications and standards, ensuring the effective evaluation of such programmes.
- To ensure the provision of a highly responsive customer service, based on a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business needs, embracing both internal and external customers which is built on quality of service and strong customer relationships.
- To effectively manage the Quality Assurance process of qualifications in line with awarding organization specifications and standards in order to continually improve the learner journey.
- To deliver motivational and inspirational Training programs and assessment in a timely, cost effective manner, in line with specific business targets and quality assurance standards, adhering at all times to the company’s safeguarding policy, health and safety policy and code of conduct as part of the organisations duty of care.
- To deliver innovative training programmes including the monitoring and continuous updating of learner records ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations in line with company requirements and providing information regarding learners progress, achievements and support as directed to inform performance.
- To effectively manage the learning process, ensuring the safety and well-being of learners, including the management of learner behavior to maximize their development opportunities.
- Support the development of a culture which embraces Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and the company core values through challenging and continuous improvement.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all learners in all work related and learning environments in accordance with the company’s safeguarding policy, health and safety policy, equality and diversity policies and code of conduct as part of the organisations duty of care.
- To carry out regular risk assessments of the learning process and associated environments in accordance with the company’s risk assessment policy and procedure, and accordingly implement any relevant control measures/action plans.
- To professionally liaise and work with all key stakeholders involved in the learning process to ensure full integration, support and promotion of the company’s services.
- To be responsible for self-development including Continuous Professional Development and competence, incorporating both academic and professional training, in line with the Institute for Learning Code of Professional conduct and awarding body requirements.
- To be flexible within the job role to support the department programmes and requirements.
- To demonstrate knowledge and compliance with regards to GDPR and all associated Data Protection legislation. This includes having due regard for any personal data that you may come into contact with in your role which includes learners/ customers/ staff, especially when using portable or personal devices (laptops and mobile phones) or when working remotely, in order to keep data secure and confidential.
- To keep up to date with all GDPR and data protection policies and legislation and understand and report any data security breaches promptly to the appropriate persons
- To undertake any other duties comparable with the role as requested by a member of the leadership team.
- Appropriate qualification to deliver on MET Body Panel programmes
- Qualifications and /or experience in at least 2 disciplines, to meet awarding body compliance (or willing to work towards)
- Accredited qualification minimum Level 2 in Literacy, Numeracy & ICT.
- Demonstrates highly effective planning and organisation skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills at all levels when interacting with internal and external customers and stakeholders, giving impartial advice and guidance to support informed choice.
- Demonstrates strong positive customer focused behaviours which enable the development of strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrates a strong and effective interaction with others as an effective team player and support to others.
- The ability to inspire and motivate learners
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Full UK driving licence
- Robust knowledge of vocational occupational qualifications and curriculum including Functional Skills and behaviors associated with apprenticeships.
- Experience of curriculum design, development and delivery within the relevant occupational sector.
- Prior Education experience
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.