October 11, 2021
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based at our Blackburn site with scope for some remote working thereafter.
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 13th October 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for an Assistant Accountant to join a small team of professionals within the Finance department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and effective finance support service to Training 2000.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To build a solid working relationship with, and support the integration of Accounts Payable at UCLan, including ledger reviews, statement rec’s and supporting the apprentice in producing payment runs
- To review the ledgers managed by UCLan at each month end, highlighting any issues and working in partnership with UCLan to resolve in a timely manner
- To update the cash flow forecast, and work with HOF on streamlining the cash forecasting process
- To post the month end journals, updating and reconciling balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate.
- To provide support with the monthly finance meetings with budget holders.
- To assist with the budget and forecasting processes, providing analysis as required.
- To support the Accounts Apprentice providing advice, guidance and assistance as necessary
- To have a clear understanding of the chart of accounts such that all transactions recorded are coded to the most appropriate department and nominal code enabling the preparation of clear and meaningful management accounts and analysis.
- To ensure that all financial transactions processed are filed such that a clear audit trail is available to other team members and external auditors.
- To assist in the preparation of analysis to monitor and forecast costs, as directed by Head of Finance.
- To support the HOF with the year-end audit process by answering queries on ledger postings from the external auditors
- To review the monthly management accounts ensuring that any mispostings are corrected in line with the monthly processing deadlines.
- To become more involved with the monthly Management Accounts process and progress to producing specific departmental P&L reports
- Such other duties as reasonably correspond with the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- Maths & English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- A professional accounting qualification (AAT or equivalent) or willingness to study towards
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience of working with and monitoring budgets
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Prior experience within an Education establishment
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.