October 11, 2021
Salary: £28,000 (pro rata) per annum
Working hours: Part-time or Full-Time (between 34 and 37.5 Hours per week)
Applicants are required to indicate within their application/supporting statement the number of hours they are willing to work
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based at our Blackburn site with scope for some remote working
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 10.00 a.m. on Friday 22nd October 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for a HR Advisor to join the team of professionals within the HR department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
The main purpose of the role is to be the first point of contact for Human Resources by providing a generalist HR advisory service to the organisation in accordance with policies and procedures and employment legislation.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To effectively manage and support managers with the end to end process of all Employee Relations casework such as investigations, disciplinary, grievances, appeals, flexible working, performance management and absence management.
- To provide proactive general HR advice, guidance and support to all managers and employees relating to the interpretation of HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions and employment issues.
- To coach, develop and upskill line managers by ensuring that line management receive the best possible advice which is supportive for employees but ultimately protects the business in the management of their people with regards to the governance and guidelines of employment legislation and Company policy.
- To support the Human Resources Business Partner in the updating and re-drafting of all contemporary HR policies and procedures and their embedding/publication within the business.
- To support the Human Resources Business Partner in the on-going development and delivery of training and development (including Leadership and Management Development) designed to enhance employee, management and team performance.
- To co-ordinate, develop and deliver the induction programme.
- To support the development of the company Wellbeing Programme in line with the Corporate Health and Safety strategy and work/ life balance.
- To support the development of corporate Human Resources metrics and their application, publication and education across the business to enhance organisational performance.
- To support the Human Resources Business Partner in key specific Human Resources projects with a view to developing the business.
- To effectively and accurately process and verify the monthly payroll including the maintenance of employee records and data and deal with payroll queries (in conjunction with Pay Services).
- To support the HR & Recruitment Co-ordinator with all aspects of recruitment and selection when required.
- To support and undertake HR administration in the department when required.
- To ensure that Training 2000 continues to be held in high regard with all it’s customers in the excellence of its people development and leadership.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the HR Business Partner (or Management), commensurate with the role/grade.
- Level 5 CIPD qualification
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of advising managers on a wide range of HR and employee relations matters
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential HR matters
- Experience of using HR/payroll software
- Current knowledge of employment legislation, policies and experience of practical application
- Experience of using own initiative to resolve issues
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), influencing and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Tactful approach when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and build positive working relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Level 7 CIPD qualification
- Mediation qualification
- Experience of working in the education sector
- Knowledge of Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance
- Experience of using iTrent
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.