October 6, 2021
Salary: £22,500 – £25,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week.
Contract type: Fixed Term – 12 months
Location: You will be based at our Blackburn site with scope for some remote working thereafter.
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for a Compliance Auditor to join the Quality and Contracts department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver the annual schedule of funding body compliance activity, through rigorous and continuous review and audit of mandatory documentation and processes.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To plan, prepare and implement a rolling Company audit programme through active engagement with Business Managers and staff.
- To analyse data quality reports to identify and prioritise the auditing of high risk areas to prevent the escalation of errors and prevent funding claw back from Funding Agencies.
- To develop and agree corrective action plans with Delivery Managers and staff on the funding body requirements, including communications, dissemination and training.
- To challenge and guide all Delivery Managers and staff on non-compliance issues whilst providing support on corrective action.
- To provide regular compliance reports to Delivery Managers and the SMT, which identify the current position and action taken on compliance in relation to the Education and Skills Funding Agency Contracts, as part of the risk management process.
- To ensure that documentation, which supports the contractual evidence base is compliant and current, in order that the Company meets its contractual obligations.
- To support external funding body audits, ensuring proactive preparation and the gathering of all required and relevant evidence.
- To provide bespoke training to internal stakeholders, in the subject areas of contract compliance requirements, processes and procedures to ensure completeness and accuracy of contractual documentation.
- To maintain knowledge of funding rules, best practice guidance and Government body assurance methodology.
- To undertake any related activity as seen fit by the Departmental leadership to contribute to the legal and contractual compliance of the company.
- Demonstrates highly effective operational organisational and planning skills in the creation and implementation of audit and action plans.
- Demonstrates strong financial awareness in understanding the link and impact with compliance activities.
- Demonstrates strong auditing, assessment and interpretation skills in areas of contractual compliance.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem solving skills in the analysis of complex data relating to compliance.
- Demonstrates strong ICT skills in the preparation and analysis of complex data and reports. (i.e. fully conversant with all Microsoft packages).
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance monitoring processes.
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Possession of professional qualification in accordance with occupational position held e.g. ISO9001 Auditor
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working with the Funding Agencies at an operational level
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.