Schools Liaison Officer
Training 2000 is an ‘Amazing Place with Amazing People’. We are part of the UCLan group and one of the largest Group Training Associations in England, with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality training programs to industry and individuals.
A vacancy has arisen for a Schools Liaison Officer which will be based at the Training 2000 Ltd Blackburn site. This is a full time permanent role.
Main duties of the role:
- To create, develop and maintain productive working relationships with local schools, with the aim to build strong and sustainable partnerships within the local area.
- To be a brand ambassador for Training 2000 and promote the full apprenticeship offer within local schools, across all ages and to ensure that school children are aware of their career path opportunities within apprenticeships.
- To have a positive impact on school leavers within the local area with the aim to increase the number of Training 2000 employer vacancies being matched with this candidate pool
- Provide information, advice and guidance to students and parents on Apprenticeship and pre-Apprenticeship opportunities designed to help them make informed decisions about their/their child’s future
- To work with internal stakeholders to develop innovative interactive activities to increase engagement with prospective learners at school/college events
- To assist in the production of promotional materials in collaboration with the Marketing team e.g. “prospectus”, open events leaflets and posters
- To provide administrative support within the recruitment team through processing applications, liaising with candidates and employers and keeping systems up to date.
- To co-ordinate and carry out candidate interviews
- NVQ Level 3 Customer Service or equivalent is desirable – however full training can be made available.
- To be fully competent in the use and application of all Microsoft applications.
- NVQ Level 3 Information Advice and Guidance or equivalent is desirable – however full training can be made available.
- Demonstrates strong experience of, and the ability to working in a fast paced, flexible and professional customer and administration environment.
- Demonstrates highly effective operational organisation and planning skills in the implementation of team business plans.
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive approach in anticipating customer requirements and delivers to high standards of customer satisfaction.
- To have experience of outbound call campaigns, generating new business with new and existing Companies.
- Demonstrates strong planning and coordination skills in such activity as assessment centres.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel within the North West
- Demonstrates open, honest and supportive behaviours which are in alignment with the Company’s Core values.
- Demonstrate inquisitive and constructive challenging behaviours in identifying potential business opportunities and acting accordingly.
- Salary of £19,190 per annum
- 27 days holiday per year plus 8 public/bank holidays – totalling 35.
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension scheme (subject to qualifying periods)
- Free Life Insurance (subject to qualifying periods)
- Childcare vouchers
Appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS; formally the CRB), or a check via the Update Service on a relevant enhanced disclosure. Further information can be obtained from www.gov.co.uk.
How to Apply:
For an application pack please contact Sheena Umpleby – Human Resources Assistant for an application pack on 01254 54659 or [email protected].
Closing date for applications: 2nd Aug 2018
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful for this position.
Committed to Equality of Opportunity and Access for All
Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff, sub contractors, visitors, employers and other learners to share this commitment