Engineering Instructor – Fabrication and Welding
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time – 37.5 hours per week.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based across our Blackburn site with travel to employer sites with scope for some remote working thereafter.
Application Process: Applicants are required to submit a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. These are available to download from our website.
Closing Date: 10th October 2021
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for an Engineering Instructor – Fabrication and Welding to join an established team of professionals within the Engineering department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver practical and theoretical learning sessions that cover Vocational and Work related skills relative to the sector and to ensure learners are effectively supported throughout the learning process.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To design, develop and deliver creative, inclusive learning programmes, schemes of work, lesson plans and materials to deliver high quality structured learning sessions to meet learner and customer needs and programme specifications.
- To contribute to the internal verification, assessment and standardisation of work process and to the development delivery of the SAR and QIP in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- To maintain appropriate learner tracking records that meet company, awarding body and customer requirements. To provide information relating to learner progress, achievements and support needs.
- To effectively manage the delivery environment and the learning process to ensure the safety and well-being of all learners. To follow guidance in effectively contributing to the management of learner behaviour.
- To ensure that all resources are serviceable and safe for use and to maintain the stock levels of relevant consumable items in agreement with the appropriate Manager.
- To contribute to the promotion of Training 2000 particularly with employers, learners, schools and parents by assisting with School visits, Parents Information Evenings, Open Days and Prize Nights relative to the Engineering department.
- To demonstrate knowledge and compliance with regards to GDPR and all associated Data Protection legislation. This includes having due regard for any personal data that you may come into contact with in your role which includes learners/ customers/ staff, especially when using portable or personal devices (laptops and mobile phones) or when working remotely, in order to keep data secure and confidential
- To keep up to date with all GDPR and data protection policies and legislation and understand and report any data security breaches promptly to the appropriate person
- Qualifications relative to the Welding and Fabrication sector
- Occupational/industry experience in Welding and Fabricating
- Passion for teaching and learning and the ability to inspire and motivate learners
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as well as good listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Full UK driving licence
- Coded welding status
- Pipe fitting experience
- Assessors award
- Verifiers award
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by e-mail: [email protected] or by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.