Training 2000 is an ‘Amazing Place with Amazing People’. We are part of the UCLan group and are now one of the largest Group Training Associations in England, with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality work-based learning and training programmes to industry and individuals.
We currently have a vacancy available for an Engineering Instructor for Fabrication and Welding
About the Role:
A vacancy has arisen within the Company’s Operations Organisation (Engineering Department). You will primarily be responsible for the delivery and assessment of 1st year off-the-job training programmes to employ Apprentices from our customer base. The positions require self-motivated and effective team players who possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
A teaching/assessor qualification, although not essential, would be a definite advantage and applicants must have completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship. A background with experience in Fabrication & Welding is essential and experience of Sheet Metal is desirable.
- To design, develop and deliver creative, inclusive learning programmes, schemes of work, lesson plans and materials to deliver high quality structured learning sessions to meet learner and customer needs and programme specifications.
- To contribute to the internal verification, assessment and standardisation of work process and to the development and delivery of the SAR and QIP in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- To maintain appropriate learner tracking records that meet company, awarding body and customer requirements. To provide information relating to learner progress, achievements and support needs.
- To effectively manage the delivery environment and the learning process to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all learners. To follow guidance in effectively contributing to the management of learner behaviour.
- To ensure that all resources are serviceable and safe for use and to maintain the stock levels of relevant consumable items in agreement with the appropriate Manager.
- To contribute to the promotion of Training 2000 particularly with employers, learners, schools and parents by assisting with School visits, Parents Information Evenings, Open Days and Prize Nights relative to the Engineering department.
- Salary of £25,500 per annum
- 27 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 32 with service days + 8 public/bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension scheme (subject to qualifying periods)
- Free Life Insurance (subject to qualifying periods)
- Childcare vouchers
Terms and Conditions:
Appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS; formally the CRB), or a check via the Update Service on a relevant enhanced disclosure. Further information can be obtained from www.gov.co.uk.
How to Apply:
Please contact HR for an application pack on 01254 54659 or [email protected].
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2018
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful for this position
Committed to Equality of Opportunity and Access for All
Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff, sub contractors, visitors, employers and other learners to share this commitment