an engineering or advanced manufacturing apprenticeship?
Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
Engineering Operatives cover a wide range of common job roles:
A minimum of two GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above in English and Maths. Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable.
An Engineering Operative will understand:
• How to obtain the necessary job instructions, engineering drawings and specifications and how to interpret them
• Relevant statutory, quality, environmental compliance procedures/systems, organisational and health and safety regulations relating
to engineering operations
• Their individual roles and responsibilities within the organisation and the flexibility required to support the achievement of company
• Engineering operational practices, processes and procedures
• Potential problems that can occur within the engineering operations and how they can be avoided
An Engineering Operative will be able to:
• Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety legislation, regulations, environmental compliance procedures and systems
and other relevant guidelines
• Identify and deal appropriately with any risks, hazards, hazardous situations and problems that may occur within the engineering
environment within the limits of their responsibility
• Demonstrate effective communication skills which include oral, written, electronic
• Complete appropriate documentation accurately, efficiently and legibly using the correct terminology where required
• Obtain and follow the correct documentation, specifications and work instructions in accordance with time constraints and the roles
and responsibilities identified for the engineering activities, extracting the necessary data/information from specification and related
• Select and use appropriate tools, equipment and materials to carry out the engineering operation
• Deal appropriately with any problems that may occur within the manufacturing environment within the limits of their responsibility
• Work efficiently and effectively at all times maintaining workplace organisation and minimising waste
CORE BEHAVIOURS REQUIREMENTS:
Manufacturing and Engineering organisations require their apprentices to have a set of behaviours that will ensure success both in their role
and in the overall company objectives. The required behaviours are:
• Personal responsibility and resilience – Comply with the health and safety guidance and procedures, be disciplined and have a
responsible approach to risk, work diligently regardless of how much they are being supervised, accept responsibility for managing time
and workload and stay motivated and committed when facing challenges.
• Work effectively in teams – Integrate with the team, support other people, consider implications of their own actions on other people
and the business whilst working effectively to get the task completed.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills – An open and honest communicator, communicates clearly using appropriate
methods, listen well to others and have a positive and respectful attitude.
• Focus on quality and problem solving – Follow instructions and guidance, demonstrate attention to detail, follow a logical approach to
problem solving and seek opportunities to improve quality, speed and efficiency.
• Continuous personal development – Reflect on skills, knowledge and behaviours and seek opportunities to develop, adapt to different
situations, environments or technologies and have a positive attitude to feedback and advice.
x3 four week blocks OR 1 week every six weeks (approx) or a mixture of both to suit employer needs
The engineering Level 2 is for those who are interested in an engineering career with a drive to focus their skills on the core areas of knowledge required within engineering who are looking to progress into an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
Maintenance Engineer, Machinist, Electrician, Welder/Fabricator, Inspection and Technical Support
Successful completion of this Apprenticeship provides you with professional status (EngTech) which will be understood and sought after by your peers, employers, suppliers, customers and your wider professional network.
Complete the following details and we will get in touch.